Small Business Institute® Fellows
The Small Business Institute® (SBI) Association recognizes as Fellows those members whose accomplishments are particularly noteworthy to the Association. This is the highest honor that the Small Business Institute ® provides to its members, and the Fellows serve as a group of senior advisors to the Board of Directors and work with newer members in a mentoring capacity. A SBI member becomes a Fellow upon nomination from another Fellow or current officer, and is voted in by the other Fellows. The Fellows elect a leader, called the Dean of Fellows, who oversees the administration of Fellows’ activities.
1) The criteria for the awarding of SBI Fellowship are:
a) substantial involvement with and service to the Small Business Institute
b) significant scholarly productivity in the fields of small business and entrepreneurship
("scholarly productivity" shall include research, publications, teaching and service)
c) must be a current member and have a minimum of 6 years of consecutive membership leading up to the time when nominated
2) Current officers of the SBI are not eligible to be nominated
3) Current officers and active Fellows may nominate candidates for Fellow.
(an "active" Fellow is a current member or member emeritus of the SBI)
4) Only active Fellows may vote in the election of new Fellows
5) Each nominee is voted upon separately (not against each other) and must receive at least 60% of the votes cast to be elected
6) A maximum of two new Fellows may be elected each year. If more than two persons receive a 60% or higher vote in a given year, only the two receiving the highest vote percentages will be elected.
7) Nominations must include a two-page c.v. specifically prepared for the Fellows election and focusing on all of the criteria listed above under #1
For questions about the Fellows, contact Ron Cook, Dean of Fellows.
The SBI Fellows are:
|David M. Ambrose
|Don B. Bradley III
|Jack E. Brothers
|Donald M. Clause
Lloyd W. Fernald
|Geralyn McClure Franklin
|Oliver Galbraith III*
| Michael Harris
|David S. Hovey
|Robert J. Kerber*
Chyi-lyi (Kathleen) Liang
|Richard D. Lorentz*
|Charles H. Matthews
William C. McDowell
|Eugene L. O’Conner*
|Howard F. Rudd, Jr.
|Lowell M. Salter
|Homer L. Saunders*
|Ricardo L. Singson*
|George T. Solomon
|Winston D. Stahlecker
|Sherrill R. Taylor
|Lyle R. Trueblood*
|Mark K. Weaver